CASE N°4 | SAFRAN ELECTRICAL & POWER: INSPECTION AND MAINTENANCE
A SAFRAN ELECTRICAL & POWER aircraft cabin model was used to illustrate the use of Augmented Reality to accelerate the detection of faults and reduce the downtime of aircraft on the ground.
THE CASE : equipped with tablets, the inspectors quickly detect faults and are guided step by step in diagnoses.
- Preparatory phase (disassembly, identification ...) removed
- Inspection time reduced from 2 days to 3 hours
- Downtime of the aircraft minimized
- Guided diagnosis of possible or proven faults
- Triggering of the proper operations
- Inspection reports automatically created and saved.